Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Aug 25 Murder at Rosecliff by Alyssa Maxwell

  


 
Murder at Rosecliff by Alyssa Maxwell
I like this series a lot as I live close by and have actually visited this Bellevue Avenue mansion. They host flower shows and photographs exhibits.
This one starts out when Emma and her spouse Derek have been invited to the ball. Tessie is hosting it at her cottage along the sea in Newport and everybody will be there. The paper has  Ethan handling the information he will need for the event for the paper. So descriptive, the gowns, atmosphere,  flowers, and the food.
Tessie is bombarded with a male visitor and nobody knows who he is and she claims she's not in harm's way. Shortly after the man leaves and another follows him but too late the man is found dead. One is on the wanted list but nobody knows where he is-Ethan... Others find out who he actually was and what he meant to Tessie. I never would've guessed who was involved in the murder. Love the story though how so many follow the clues and track the culprits down. Love the information I learned especially about flooring and how they didn't use nails back in early 1900's.  Love how this all plays out, had me at the edge of my seat.
Love the setting and new things I learned about the city.
Can't wait for the next in this series. Love catching up with my favorite characters also.
Received this review copy from Kensington Publishing via NetGalley and this is my honest opinion.
 #MurderatRosecliff #NetGalley
 

No comments: