Saturday, October 3, 2026

Book Review: Whispers of Maple Memories in Sweetwater Springs by Josie Riviera

  
 
Whispers of Maple Memories in Sweetwater Springs by Josie Riviera
In this story we find Nora, the assistant librarian caught up with a local mystery. There are recipes and clues. Others help her locate the information that deals with the maple woods. 
LOVE hearing about the western states and how they make maple syrup. It's a bit different than here in the northeast.
This is the first book of the series I've read and I feel as if I don't have all the information on the characters. I should've read book 1 first.
There is some turmoil also with Nora and her ex boyfriend Elliot. He had just up and left and she has no idea why. Love the explanation he has when he does return. She needs to be a bit more trusting.
He helps her with the mystery and they present the findings to the town council at the meeting. Others were involved as they stole the paperwork from the store and confessed.
Other characters are a bit shady at times and there is more about them in the next book in the series.  MORE mysteries around the tonw. Nora and others are just the right ones to solve it. Very descriptive details.
Light read and love all the talk of the foliage and festivities around autumn.
 

No comments: