Friday, February 24, 2012

A Knitter's Home Companion by Michelle Edwards A Heartwarming Collection of Stories, Patterns, and Recipes


A Knitter's Home Companion by Michelle Edwards
A Heartwarming Collection of Stories, Patterns, and Recipes











Watch the book trailer : click above or link is below

http://www.openroadmedia.com/authors/michelle-edwards.aspx

This book really sums it up, well rounded.

My review:
A Knitter's Home Companion by Michelle Edwards
A Heartwarming Collection of Stories, Patterns, and Recipes
Love knitting as much as I do reading a book, so combining these two things puts me in heaven.
If I read a book on my pc I can also do charity knitting for the hospital or other local charity.
This book starts out when she got married and how knitting has always been in her life one way
or another. The birth of a new baby she made a zigzag baby blanket from the wool she got from her honeymoon trip. The pattern is included.
Next was to teach her daughter how to knit, but the daughter had a surprise for her.
Other books and how they can relate to a knitter's struggle and triumphs.
Playtime Cape is another project for the children.
Many references to her mom and family in helping her with the knitting process when she started out.
Very good tips if you read the book through. Very nice heart warming stories about what brings knitters together.
A favorite knitter's chair is essential.
Knitter to the rescue around and outside of the house. Precious memories.
Loved the section on becoming a master knitter. I once wanted to and had started some swatching, not knowing what was all involved. I know I can do the work. I still do challenge myself by working with 000 needles for knitting period costumes for a settlement in the 1800's.
Brings knitting into today's world of Lion Brand Yarn Co. site and also Ravalry.
Glossary and how to make certain stitches is at the back of the book, very informative.
Love the simple yet complex patterns for different items. Always like to test them out for myself and then I can give the item to the local nursing home for their Christmas bazaar.
Love sections on charity knitting and for a cause as I've knit for several of those and many others. It's just plain fulfilling. Love how she got her daughters to become involved also so they can teach it to their children as well.

No comments: