Friday, September 15, 2017

Books read Sep 15





A Texas Hill country Christmas by Johnstone_ William W - Johnstone_ J. A
Has been a while that I read a book by the Johnstones and have enjoyed the westerns.
Love this audio book as each character has a different voice associated with it.
I am familiar with the characters and what a great time to catch up-with a holiday read.
Central TX and it's Christmas time surrounded by the younger crowd of the family.
Ellen educates the kids on who Sam and Luke, Ace and Chance were. Story starts back in the day...
Chance and his twin brother, Ace went down to TX from CO thinking it'd be warmer during the winter months.
Just rain for weeks as the card game wins Chance money.  Love the humor as they pair up with others in a bar fight...  Luke Jenssen is the bounty hunter and is used to trouble.
Twins decide to go with Porter so he can stop the woman from marrying the larger man.
Sam and his wife Sally have also left CO and will holiday with a family they hope to do business with.
Things don't go as smoothly as they all had hoped.  Lots of action, adventure and good family memories, rogue Indians,  bank and stage robberies,
I received this book from National Library Service for my BARD (Braille Audio Reading Device).





25 Silly Dog Pictures for Kids & Adults: Pictures of Dogs to Make You LOL by Jean Bean
Cute colorful book for kids and adults that will make you laugh out loud.
Quite the imagination.




Kiplinger's Retirement Report July_ 2017
Lots of helpful information about alz disease and what is out there for resources.
Who to leave your 401k to and why, great advice! Lots of other financial information and changes to laws is discussed.
I received this book from National Library Service for my BARD (Braille Audio Reading Device).




Comfort from a country quilt by McEntire_ Reba
This book starts out talking about the life of Reba throughout her years.
Love the correlation of the quilt and the pieces of her life as they are depicted on the quilt. My mom also made quilts and you knew how much time she spent making them as I make them myself.
They are so treasured now that she's gone just as treasured when she gave them to you.
Found it interesting to learn how her singing career started as I don't follow country western singers. Enjoyed this story.
Loved all the chapters of giving back and memories of riding in back seat of car across country as my husband described it also to me with 7 siblings.
I received this book from National Library Service for my BARD (Braille Audio Reading Device).

No comments: