Monday, December 11, 2017

Book Review: Caring for the Caregiver by Cheri Swalwell




Caring for the Caregiver by Cheri Swalwell
Book starts out with dedication page and other works by the author. I've read many of her books and have enjoyed them.
Love the straight forward words of encouragement as you go through the bad times. We went through similar situation with my husband who had a heart attack. I'd go with him to the doctors and hand them the blood work results and write everything down in my 3 folders of information.
Still go with him just to be sure we are on the right track.
Like endings and tips at end of each section. So much of what we went through is described in detail here with solutions and suggestions.
Love the parts about taking care of yourself or you'd not be able to take care of them or the children.
Love this book the best because it spoke to me of how I take care of my spouse daily and when he's ill. We were just raised to do that and chip in where needed.
When I heard the title I thought it would be about taking for an aging adult, glad I was wrong as we go through illnesses together throughout our lives.
Scriptures are quoted when they are relevant to the subjects being discussed. Like explanations of the different types of fasting and what is involved.
Love bible verses that are quoted at the end to help offer more encouragement.
Author bio and contact information is provided.

No comments: