Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Book Spotlight: Moon Rising Series by K. S. Haigwood





My Review:

Accepting the Moon: Prequel (Moonrising Book 0)  by K. S. Haigwood
Starts with a table of contents and listing of other works by the author.
Book has chapters of characters names as you hear about their side of things that are happening.
Mena is leaving her spouse because he's cheated on her, and Marc is now abusive as well.
Story also follows Jaxon and Phoenix who we learn what they are all about.
Big confrontation at the motel and Jaxon gets away with Mena on his back and fights through the demons to a safe area.
We learn what they have in common along with what will occur in the future as she is bitten by her ex and she will now take on transformations.
Book starts out so normal til you realize they are talking about vampires and werewolves. I was always fascinated as a teen and watch Dark Shadows as it was filmed near our house in RI.
Have also watched Twilight series and am currently watching The Originals.
What I like best about this prequel is that it not only has definitions for the words used but the author tells you her interpretation of things as they appear in the book. I've read many other shifter books and so far just this prequel is so good that I read it on the weekend and I don't read books on the weekend.
Can't wait to start the first book in the series as I know the background of the characters.
Free on Amazon






My Review:

Midnight Moonrising by K. S. Haigwood , Anne Conley
I usually stay away from audible books because they are such a hassle to get over to my tablet.
This one transferred and was waiting for me! Other have me and the author stumped for weeks til they send me a different format.
This book starts with Mena, her ex's funeral. He was the pack leader and how she's the leader. None of her friends knew he was a werewolf.
Others in important positions have her back and she won't be going to jail at all...
Her inner wolf wants her to do other things and she is strong...
She needs a right hand man and Darrin fills the spot but 27 others want the spot also. He orients her to the duties and other questions she has about the pack.
Her inner wolf wants to kill Phoenix so she can have Alex, the detective to herself.
They hope the witches have the answers to the killings...There are a lot of other creatures introduced that help also.
What I do like, even though to me it's all a fairytale is that there are problems and I like the way they find creative solutions to them.
Think I would like to read the next book if it's the end of the series but it's not really my genre but I enjoyed the series so far.
I received this review book from the author and this is my honest opinion.

Author Bio:

K. S. Haigwood


"Far from crazy, but equally as far from normal. There are voices in my head and I occasionally talk to them." - Kristie Haigwood

K. S. Haigwood is the author of the Save My Soul, Eternal Island and Moonrising series. By day, she is a CNC Machinist, but by night and weekend, she saves the world or destroys it in a single bound, depending on what mood she is in and if she has had her coffee. In addition to being an award winner for the 'Life Changing Read Award', she has also been nominated twice for Best Indie Book 2016 in the Paranormal category.

Characterization is one of K.S. Haigwood’s strongest points. You can understand each characters' predicaments and you can almost foresee their reactions. But. There’s always a but, with this author, because Haigwood can deliver enough twists and turns to turn a tornado on its head. Just as you think you’ve figured where the story is going next, she’s duped you again.

The whole of her novels are littered with good chuckle moments, and even in the darkest hour, the thinnest hint of a silver lining is still visible among the clouds.

Shock therapy for body and soul, delivered at a hundred miles an hour with the humor and charisma of a trendsetter, Haigwood is certain to be hailed the new wonder-drug to cure all ills.

No comments: