Monday, February 26, 2018

Book Review: Spoken from the Heart: The Importance of Relationships by Cheri Swalwell





The Importance of Relationships by Cheri Swalwell
This book starts out with a dedication page, More works by the author, a quote and a table of contents which consist of a note from the author and day devotionals for 34 days.
Even though I am 20 years older than the author I can relate to what she's saying and especially the examples she uses and how she explains herself.
In this book I particularly like the 'listening' part the best because I've been on both sides of it. Sometimes I just need to vent to someone and although I know they can't do a thing to help me, they can listen.
I have also been the one to just listen to one venting to me.
Each days devotional chapter starts with a quote from the Bible as it relates to the contents of the chapter.
Love hearing the interactions with the family members and friends as I've gotten to know many through the writings of the author and feel a bond, in a way.
Love the section on technology as I started programming in the late 70's before the internet so I've grown up along with it but rather take a walk through a nature preserve than use technology.
What I really like about this book is the thoughts that come to my mind that make me stop and really consider what my answer is-can't wait til it's lawn mowing season as it is a real good time to ponder them all.
Lizard learning-what a treat to understand what this chapter is all about-so fun that yes the lizard can talk! Good times and there are also bad times included in a way that they turn out good also with more research money being made available.
Thanks and acknowledgements and contact the author, bio sections are included at the end.  Titles of other works are lumped together for you in the way of different subject matter. Two books are also praised at the end by reviewers comments.
Received this review copy from the author and this is my honest opinion.

No comments: