Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Book Review: Daddy Dragon Saves the Day by Marie Blair




Daddy Dragon Saves the Day: Picture Rhyming book for kids age 3-6 years old, Short and funny bedtime story for preschoolers by Marie Blair
Very colorful childrens book about dragons and magic places far away.
Rhyming also is a plus. Problem I have with the layout is the words are tiny for me and no way to enlarge them on my tablet. Some words are also hidden behind color spots on the pages making them invisible to me.
Great story about dragons and their names and the place of Quace where they live. Habits of them playing and waking are known.
Children are all laughing and bouncing on daddy dragon and he's shooting out flames and saying it's just not so bad.
Daddy has to do all the meals because mother went to a meeting-the children are really acting up as they splat food over him...
Reminds me very much of when the kids from a Dr. Seuss book opened to door to allow others in. The house used to be clean and orderly and it doesn't resemble that at all now, kids are happy and laughing and playing though-not even dressed for the day.
I can just see this in my mind as the author has done a great job of detailed descriptions of the scene. I recall when my kids were youngsters the house didn't get very clean most days either...
An event outside is about to disrupt them and will Daddy who's cleaning still be able to save them?
Love the pages at the end where you try to find the differences-great activity for children to do.
Received this review copy from the author and this is my honest opinion.



No comments: