Monday, January 25, 2021

Book Review: Slave to the Dream: Everyone's Dream by Gaylan D Wright

 







Slave to the Dream: Everyone's Dream by Gaylan D Wright

Book starts out with quotes from various famous people. Story starts when author became a civilian, 36 later.

Many recollections of his time on the road, coming up on head on collisions on the main highways and nothing left of the people involved.

Mostly drunk driver accidents. Because of the way he was trained he was strong in getting the jobs done along with paperwork. Just when you think you've heard it all he tells of other accidents.

Like the camaraderie he and other troopers had over the years. Hated to hear some bosses did not fight for them or pay increases.

I recall my father also going through state police training but he stayed on the local level. So informative to me and another part of my father's life I didn't know much about.

Pictures throughout the book and love that he brought up his kids like his dad brought up him.

Received this review copy from the publisher and this is my honest opinion.



No comments: