Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Jul 11 Book Review: Hello Stranger by Katherine Center

  




 

Hello Stranger by Katherine Center  
Have read other books by this author and know she researches the background material.
Enjoy this read as it starts out when she's trying to prove herself to her father, yes she can succeed as an artist.
She accepts the bag of celebratory items as she heads home but is struck down in the crosswalk and wakes up in the hospital.
The surgeon is discussing her brain surgery...  She has found some side effects after surgery, she can't see human faces, at least she can see her pet's face.
How will she ever be able to paint a portrait NOT being able to see the posers face....so many more obstacles.  Love how the past comes to the future and things get worked out so they know who the culprit was all along.
Amazing thing for me was finding out this a real issue with brain surgery...Not being able to see much the first thing i notice in a person is their head. i can't make out the finer details but also the other senses kick in for me to recognize who's at the door.
some tell me who they are cause they know my lack of vision totally.
Great story and super amazing how it all comes to an end and how she justifies who are who.
Look forward to more works from thsi author, so descriptive I can see the scenes in my minds eyes.
Received this review copy from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley and this is my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Carole said...

I'm looking forward to this one. Cheers