Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Book Review: Murder at Kingscote by Alyssa Maxwell

   
 
 Murder at Kingscote by Alyssa Maxwell
 What I like about this book is it tells me About fun events and historical things that occurred in early 1900s in Newport Rhode Island. We lived very close by the area and are very familiar.  There's a lot of things  I loved hearing about the auto parade and how they dressed up their autos and the females standing on the running boards with rhododendrons. I love their fashion dresses and hats with big birds on them and all over the car was filled with flowers. The best won a prize but also a lot of the money went towards Emma's charity. I love learning more about Butler hospital and the things that they did there and why and how as it still exists today. There is a murder at the mansion and everything points to one person But with the clues they have they figure out who really did it. It seems such a simple thing to figure it out but then there's so many other pieces in more mysteries that come into effect that make it more confusing for you to figure it out who really did things and why. I loved hearing about the trains that leave the island from Sakonnet River bridge and head up to Massachusetts.  I love learning about the newspaper industry during that time and Emma's fall from being the editor.   Love hearing about how she helps other unwed women in their children with what everything they need. Such a all around great story.  So many different things: travel, fashion, food, mysteries, murders, auto parades and so much more. Great read.
 

No comments: