Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Book Review: Spoken From the Heart: Choosing Grace by Cheri Swalwell




 

Spoken From the Heart: Choosing Grace

Do you know what it means to “choose grace?” Do you ever stop to think about all the times God showers us with His grace? Yes, through unexpected blessings, but more importantly through undeserved salvation.
I’m still trying to grasp the full meaning of the word grace in my everyday life. However, I do know this: It comes in many forms, is seen through a variety of people, and God gives us countless opportunities to pass it on to others throughout our lives.

Join me on my adventure as I learn to embrace the grace He has given to me and then allow it to overflow to others. I pray that this book will start or continue a dialogue between you and the God of the Universe regarding how much He loves you and wants to bless you with His grace. God doesn’t change. He won’t force His grace on people, just as He doesn’t force humankind to love Him.

So how do we experience God’s grace for ourselves? The answer is quite simple: We ask and then receive. I would love to have you travel with me as we discover the grace God has waiting for us! 



Author Bio:



Cheri Swalwell is a Christ follower who thoroughly enjoys her calling to be a wife, mother, and writer, in that order. She has the privilege to write regularly for Book Fun Magazine and LIFE TO THE FULLEST. Cheri is also a contributing author for the book, 31 Devotions for Writers. Her book series, Spoken from the Heart, is available through eBook and paperback at Amazon.

To read one of her many articles on life from a Christian perspective, visit her blog at: http://bit.ly/1gRp9oK. She loves to interact with her readers, so send her an email at clSwalwell99@gmail.com. You can “like” her on Facebook below: www.facebook.com/pages/cheri-Swalwell.



My Review:

Choosing Grace by Cheri Swalwell
Enjoy the revelations that come to light with the authors word of the year.
Really enjoy the stories that depict other life events about the word concentrated on.
Author seems like a people person as she meets and talks to others but mostly listens to their problems and how they go about solving them together, usually by prayer.
Like how the word of the year is broken up into a 32 devotional chapters but I  was seeing it as a daily devotional or month long for one chapter til I questioned the author on the number 32...Which I got an immediate answer to her question.
Blessings journal-we do this daily at meals and I will converse with the author as to how large her journal is over the years as I find it interesting to understand about.
Love the everyday stories of shopping with coupons and bottle return windfall and the yard sales. Also love the insistence in the Bible that also relate to the story the author is telling and how it solves the problem she's facing.
Growing up in Catholic schools I remember so many of the stories still. What I really love is that the author is not shoving the Bible down your throat-it's worked into daily life that everybody goes through. Great seeing the public and that there are still so many good people out there to meet.
Just the other night we held the door to the ATM at the bank for another and he thanked my husband, thank you Sir, and Miss-to me-not knowing if we were a couple or implying too much. He really appreciated we saved him a longer time there than necessary by holding the door open rather then him having to insert his card to gain admittance.
Leaves you with a smile on your face that you did good for another and that's probably one reason why I knit so much for charity. Can't wait to read the next books in the series.
Received this book from the author and this is my honest review.
 

No comments: