Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Parenting 101 series by Cheri Swalwell



Spoken from the Heart: Parenting 101 
Didn't think I'd like this series because our kids are over 40 now and not living at home but raising their own families.
They still need parenting and their children also so it's been a good source of renewal for me.
Love how this starts out with a letter from the author's grade two class which she states what she wants to do when she grows up.
A mother of children taking care of them all and farm animals. She's there now doing just that many years later with a devotion to God and teaching them.
What I like about this book is that I have gone through a lot of the processes, emotions, and feelings along the way as I sit here and shake my head yes that comes in handy still today.
Chores together-used to set the pile of laundry at each persons table setting so they'd have to put their clothes away first before having dinner til they also helped with the folding.
Like that she asks you a question and I am able to pause the reading to actually thinking and answering it to myself. Love learning about the habits of bison as we enjoy nature and how it all fits into the human cycles.
There's so much to this book, I can see reading one chapter a day for more than a month to devote to each one. Just because is a favored response when I would use it on my mother after presenting her with a gift, something as simple as daisies picked from my garden.
Scriptures are quoted that are relevant to what's being discussed and translated into words we can understand.
Received this review copy from the author and this is my honest opinion.




Spoken from the Heart: Parenting 101 Vol. 2
Like the opening part where the author talks about her connection with God and how he helps her raising the children and caring for those that are in her charge.
Loved the different parts of this book as the child grows older and goes through the phases of becoming a toddler. Comparison of that and how adults handle difficult things.
Love challenges that are presented and how the author strives to get you involved. Love the encouragement to keep going.
Received this review copy from the author and this is my honest opinion.



Spoken from the Heart: Parenting 101 Vol. 3
What I like about this book is the links inside that lead you to another's post concreting the evidence. Love learning the balance/moderate and how that came into play.
I sometimes also get things out of order in my priorities.
Love the questions that challenge me to answer. Like how each chapter starts out with a scripture passage and the remaining part of the chapter is based around that phrase.
Love the symbol that spaghetti squash represents-so cool!
Received this review copy from the author and this is my honest opinion.








 

No comments: