Friday, July 16, 2021

July 16 Book Spotlight: I Don't Want to Turn 3 by Gramps Jeffrey

 




SYNOPSIS


“And Mommy looks at me like today will be my last day alive.” When does a toddler start to learn right from wrong? What happens in a family that influences a decision going through a young mind? “I Don’t Want to Turn 3” explores the interaction between family that is happening in just about every household in the world.


AUTHOR BIO


Gramps Jeffrey has 4 kids and 6 grandchildren and looks at how the kids are growing up as a baby boomer trying to understand how the world has evolved since he was 3 years old. As the author of the acclaimed business book "The Secrets of Retailing...How to Beat Walmart" and a contributor to The Huffington Post of over 100 articles on how to help the nonprofit world and also help grow small businesses, Gramps' commentary is quite timely in the challenging world we live in. --This text refers to the hardcover edition.






MY REVIEW

I Don't Want to Turn 3 by Gramps Jeffrey
What I like about this story is that it's so realistic, funny at times and leaves you feeling good.
Children's colorful story about a little child who likes being 2 and knows the things he can do and not get punished.
He has many relatives around his age and he starts collecting their favorite toys that he hides...
I love that I can actually see and enlarge the words on the pages and can be enlarged.
When the toys are all found the dad steps in and I love how this ends. Love charity and helping others less fortunate.
The kids will now grow up and continue this practice themselves and teach their children the same things.
Like why the author wrote this and the outcome she wanted from the adults involved.
There's a saying when I grew up, mom would say 'wait til you have kids 
of your own'  SO true!
Received a review copy from the author and this is my honest opinion.



1 comment:

MJJoseph said...

Julie got right to the message in this book. At what age do we begin to take responsibility for our actions? Is it 3 or 13 or 23 or maybe even 63...At what age do our parents start to really influence who we will become? Thanks for the insightful review!